9 Simple Ways to Keep Home Stylish When you have Kids and Pets
When you have kids or pets, you understand the never-ending battle to keep your home clean and organized.
With these nine tips presented in an infographic, you’ll be one step closer to Zen.
1. Opt for plants that are easy to take care of. Everyone loves flowers and plants for their house. As what experts say, having plants inside homes brings health benefits. But that won’t be easy as some plants are difficult to take care of. So if you want to keep your home’s nature-look without consuming much of your time, consider easy-to-take-care-of plants like a bamboo.
2. Erasable surfaces for your kiddos. You’ll be surprised how your kids become creative as they start writing or drawing on surfaces that are fun and easy to clean. That’s it! Cover some of your appliances with removable chalkboard vinyl. Besides unleashing your kids’ creativity, you and other family members can also make it a reminder corner. Who would have thought?
3. Organize your tables all the time. The purpose is to keep your home clutter-free from mail, homework, and other knickknacks hanging around.
4. Designate a special space for your pooch. Don’t forget to create a super-cushy area for your pet’s sleeping corner. This will prevent you from putting them on the couch.
5. Reorganize your closet space and make the most of it. Organize your closet and utilize the spaces that are unused. Also, knowing exactly the placement of your personal things in the closet will help you save time.
6. Set a special craft space. This way, you won’t have to worry about things like crayons and paints all over the house. However, this won’t work if you don’t discipline your kids to only work on that special space. This may be challenging especially if they won’t cooperate. This will test your parenting skills, though.
7. Don’t forget that area rugs are your BFF. They’re easier to clean than wall-to-wall carpeting and more affordable to replace. Of course, opt for an area rug that suits your style.
8. Place a shoe rack in your entryway. It will encourage your kids to take their muddy shoes off before going into the house and won’t cause a mess in front of the door. Make sure that the shoe rack is accessible to them.
9. Prefer a big sink. Invest in a large kitchen sink to make family dinner cleanup a breeze. While there are no problems if you have a small sink, it’s better to have a larger sink if you have kids and pets to take care of. Cleaning up will become quicker, saving much of your time.