How to Style your Body Shape with a Perfect Fit
The clothes which will charm you best will depend on your body shape. Nowadays the choice of clothes is so varied that there’s something that fits everyone no matter what color, proportion, scale, height or body shape you are.
When it comes to looking beautiful, it’s not always your size or shape that matters, it’s the perfect fit of your clothes. Wear the right clothes and don’t blindly follow the latest fashion trends. Choose what actually suits you best and what makes you feel comfortable and beautiful.
These Are Few General Rules That You Should Follow In Order To Create A Visual Balance:
- Layer On your bottom half to make your hips look broader.
- Keep anything that adds volume to your lower half and keep your top uncluttered and clean.
- Straight clothing lines will be a natural extension to your body line.
- Create an illusion at your waist by the waist details such as a wider belt
Lean Column Body
- Create an illusion of curves around the hips, bust and waist portion.
- Use a heavy layering of cloth to shorten your long top half.
- Create roundness around your neckline, sleeve and leg line.
- Keep the shoulders broad, unfitted loose jackets, highlight the hips and bottom by using the pockets and pleats.
The Apple Body Shape
- Avoid detailing around the bust, tummy and hips. Keep details more on the top and lower thirds.
- Keep the clothing line straight to slightly fitted, but the fabric should be soft in order to avoid unnecessary bulk around the bosom, waist and tummy.
- The shoulders require proper attention so as to balance them from the front and side views.
- The silhouette should be fitted under the bust as well as below the arms and along the waist.
The Pear Body Shape
- Balance your top half with the lower half of the body by wearing clothes that help to make your shoulders look broader.
- The jackets and tops should finish above or below the widest point of your hips or the bottom.
Balance your top with the fuller bottom half. Layering the top half creates visual interest which helps to draw the eye upwards.
- Wear clutter, pattern, colour to add volume on your top half so that the hips and thighs will seem narrower.
Wear fitted style clothes around the waist and always accentuate the waistline.
- Add broadness to your shoulders with shoulder pads, puffed sleeves, boleros or cap sleeve t-shirts.