10 Easy Step on to Starting a Blog that actually makes Money
Everybody these days seems to want to start their own blog. However, while there is no lack of enthusiasm among prospective bloggers, a lot of them end up starting a random blog that really has no potential to make them money.
And, if you have no desire to start a blog and make money from it, that is completely fine.
On the other hand, if you do want to start a blog that makes you money, you need to ensure that you set your blog up correctly. And, once your blog is setup correctly, then you need to create amazing content and promote it well.
When you’re just starting out it is easy to think that as long as you write a bunch of blog posts, that your website will end up getting a lot of traffic (and thus making a lot of money.)
This is where most new bloggers fail.
- Before you start your blog, you need to come up with a specific topic you can blog about and do some keyword and competition research to validate whether or not that topic is profitable.
- If you stay laser-focused on the topic you’re blogging about and you know that it has the potential to earn you money, you will be in a much better position that someone who starts a blog and writes about a bunch of different topics.
- Then, once you have a solid topic that you can blog about, all you need to do from there is to create amazing content and promote it well.
- Of course, those two things are easier said than done, but that is really the only two things you have to do to reach success as a blogger.
- And, it’s important to note that while a lot of people will tell you that content is the most important part of making money with your blog, the truth is that if you don’t promote your content well, it won’t matter how good your content is.
- Although, the better your content is, the easier it will be to promote.
- To create amazing content, I typically recommend that you ditch the old tactic of producing a ton of ~1,000 word blog posts and instead look to create a handful of really lengthy guides.
- I usually shoot for at least 4,000 words or more on my main pieces of content—and I have a number of guides across my blogs that are close to 20,000 words in length.
- It’s also important that your content is extremely thorough and answers your audience’s questions as best as possible.
- If you can create content like that, then all you have to do is promote it well and the traffic and money (assuming your monetization strategy is sound) will start flowing in.
- To promote your content, you’ll want to link to your new blog posts from social media and do some email outreach and guest posting to get some backlinks.
- Creating infographics and submitting your sites to resource pages are also a good way to generate some buzz around your content, create backlinks, and move yourself up in Google’s rankings.
Ultimately, making money with a blog is definitely possible if you can create good content and promote it well on a consistent basis. The more content you create, and the better you promote it, the more success you will find.